Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Sisters
Sisters are the best. I love Ramona! So do my girls, whom I also call "sister." And if you are close enough to me and well a female, I may also adopt you as my "sister." So herein lies the confusing part. When all said "sisters" are in the same room and I say "hey sister" I've discovered this can be difficult for some. My poor girls. I started calling them "sisters" when 1 girl became 2, and hence they were sisters. Then 3 came, followed by sweet D. So four sisters, is quite the house full of "sisters." I can't quite remember when I started to referring to Ramona, as "sister." Was it in my pre-husband, children days, or did it evolve once the children were here, and I wanted to distinguish the point to them that their aunt was first and foremost MY "sister." Then over the years, I have added many "sister"-friends. And causally refer to them as "sister." This has turned into a term of affection. So if are in my company, or receive an email, and I mention "sister", take a look around, if my girls, or Ramona are not present...then I'm talking to you...sister!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
heather,
ReplyDeletelove your "debut" post! now we can be blogging buddies
love you sister :)
jenny
Sisters are great. I know I couldn't imagine a life with out her.
ReplyDeleteMary
Adorable picture! Cheers to Sisters (you make me miss mine!)
ReplyDeleteWhich may also be why her darling and adorable husband (me) calls every male he comes in contact with as brother... With 5 women in the house, I need a little brother time on occasion.
ReplyDeleteNice post lil'darlin
C²