Monday, February 1, 2010
Maybe its a February thing...
Here I am a year after our long awaited "debut" post and I am finally posting again. Perhaps its a cathartic thing for me. Instead of jumping in on the New Years resolutions with everyone else, I yearn for a fresh start in February. This past year has been full of surprises for my (Beezus') family. My oldest two daughters are now both in middle school and Young Women's. Don't get me started about that!!! I am amazed at their growth both physically and spiritually this past year. Fry-Fry is now in third grade and continues to do well in school. After her astonishing (to her parents at least) test scores, she has found a good rhythm at school. We are still working on personal responsibility at home and trying to keep her "morning melt-downs" to a minimum. I am convinced if school started earlier here for elementary students, and later for middle school we wouldn't have such a struggle each morning. :) Baby D is not so much a baby any longer. Ramona calls her a toddler-teen. Her development is age appropriate for a toddler, although she communicates like her teenage sisters!!! This provides some very humorous and sometimes "naughty" stories. She LOVES her Sunbeam class and has the best teachers. I'm curious what she shares in class, and how they must react to a three year old who sings songs from Taylor Swift and HSM. My husband has dealt with the most obvious changes this year. After 5 years with the same company, in May of last year he started a new job. This new job has brought many travel opportunities for him. Although he enjoys his time away, he misses his girls terribly, as do they him. In December he was issued a new calling and much to our mutual surprise, is no longer working with the youth. Instead, he is currently planning an Elders Quorum "Nerf War." I know...enough said..."bless my heart." As we begin 2010, I'm sure more changes are on the horizon. Isn't that always how it goes, as soon as you feel a bit settled, the earth begins to move beneath you again?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment