Friday, February 5, 2010

Love does happen

I generally like Jennifer Aniston as an actress. She comes across as down to earth and approachable. And in my opinion, cute! I do not understand why men find that home-wrecking harlot (aka Mrs. Smith-Angelina Jolie) attractive. Yes I know that the former Mr. Aniston and the home-wrecking harlot have been together for quite some time now, and have a brood of kids, but I'm not convinced. My husband known hereby on the blog as Poppy, (A nickname that has developed over the years between the girls and him...altered/modified as situations arise.) is a movie buff. He enjoys the whole movie theater experience. He predicts how many movie trailers will be presented before the film begins, he drinks his diet cola in great quantity, and even has a regular "man-date" at the movies with his buddies. He enjoys loud, aliens invading the US, robots taking over the world, angels disguised as men dressed in black coming from the woods, and especially enjoys movies with superhero qualities. He once tricked me into watching Braveheart, citing it as a 'romance.' Um...yea...killing people in kilts does not constitute a 'romance.' I can count on one hand, (okay maybe 1 1/2 hands) how many rated 'R' movies I have seen in my whole life, and his 'romance' is one of them. Since our cable man figured out how to block premium cable from our HDTV, we have discovered a new found love for the redbox. For 1.07 you can rent terrific movies, and if you are a coupon-ing princess, there are ways around that fee as well, and enjoy a date night at home, much more Beezus' style. Well Wednesday night, Poppy came home from the redbox with an honest to goodness non-kilt killing 'romance' entitled Love happens, starring the very approachable Jennifer Aniston. It was sweet, sad, and engaging. Poppy himself admitted the movie was "a-okay"! I may have enough faith in Poppy to trust him the next time he opens with ...this movie is a 'romance.'

1 comment:

  1. Ken loves all kinds of movies. Me not so much. I dont remember seeing this preview. Maybe we will have a "date" at home and watch it.

    ReplyDelete